And with that staunch declaration,here are my new year resolutions:
1. Never say never.
Facebook is currently flooded
with warnings about how resolutions set up you to fail. Whether it’s called goal setting, or a creating a “life plan”, or just zeroing in on areas to improve upon, I’m making some adjustments this year. Nothing earth shattering. Just a
few means to a more happy, healthy, successful end. Why now? Why not?
2. Get my pre-bed routine down from infinity to five minutes or less.
3. Walk more, drive less.
4. Deal with that thing that’s been getting in my way.
5. Gather up the nerve and ask her to be my mentor.
6. Eat more vegan, less “ish.”
7. Can it! As in, my mum and I are going to can fresh veggies. We’ve already created a Pinterest board so we’re well on our way.
8. Drink more water, less fermented grapes. It’s not that I think booze is bad, but there comes a time when you have to wonder how your liver is holding up.
9. Take better photos and back them up.
10. Leave my iPhone in the charger downstairs at night instead of spooning it in bed with me.
11. Check my online bank statement at least once a week and save all my receipts.
12. Use our extended health benefits (e.g. massage, physio, naturopath) before they expire at the end of the year.
13. Do the hard things first and the fun or easy things second.
14. Fix my chaotic password situation.
15. Stop reading all the crap. Stick to the good stuff. Of course, there’s a place for the crap. I’m looking at you Buzzfeed. We all need an escape from time to time and sometimes only the really good bad crap will suffice.
16. Get my ass back to the gym. Duh. Cliché reso much? Obvi. LOL!
17. Branch out creatively and avoid resorting to using trendy short cut lazy catchphrases like obvi and LOL.
18. Figure out iCloud. I may die trying, but I’m committed to a successful outcome. If not now, at least by 2018.
19. Host more parties. I’m “Party Mummy” for crying out loud. I used to host something at least once a month. Surprise parties, games nights, dinner parties. Then life got difficult and exhausting. But now is the time to shake off the dust and shake our booties. Life is a party. Where’s my punch bowl?
20. Take the leap and trust a babysitter. We’ve never had one. Minus the grandparents of course. I trust them with my life aka my kids, but we’ve yet to leave our children (Avery specifically) with a sitter. Maybe 2016 is the year? I just broke out in a cold sweat…
However these resos might all be for not. Have your read Bulgarian mystic Baba Vanga’s predictions for 2016??
It seems 85 per cent of her past predictions have been spot on. She predicted global warming (way back in 1950 I might add), the 2004 tsunmai, as well as the rise of ISIS and 9/11.
She also predicted that America’s 44th president would be African American and that he would be the last president of the United States. What the hell does THAT mean? This clairvoyant dubbed “Nostradamus of the Balkans” died in 1996 so we can’t ask for clarification. *mind swirling and going to all the bad places*
See? This is what happens when I read the crap!!
And this IS crap by the way. It wouldn’t be a new year without predictions of doom and gloom. Hello, Y2K? The Mayan calendar prediction of the end of the world?
I’m no clairvoyant, but I predict 2016 is going to be amazing. Whether you make resolutions or not, let’s go!
The conversation about this post is on Facebook right HERE. C’mon over! I’ll make mojitos. Or tea. Depending on what time it is when you stop by.