Tomorrow Avery is having surgery. It’s a simple procedure. In and out, literally – ear tubes in, adenoids out. Nothing to worry about, but try telling that to my queasy stomach and racing mind.
- I organized my sock drawer. Its disorder has been bothering me for awhile. I find it unnerving when socks aren’t paired and sorted by colour and function (dress vs. sport). Holy OCD.
- I made this new Twitter avatar in honour of “Star Wars – May the 4th Be With You Day.”
- I made toast.
- I went to the bank and actually used the teller wicket. I haven’t done that for years. The woman ahead of me was having issues and taking forever. She turned to apologize saying, “Sorry for holding everybody up.” I suggested she maybe not use that wording in a bank. I laughed. She didn’t.
- I posted my new avatar on Twitter and waited for the onslaught of appreciative tweets. I’m still waiting.
- I walked my dog and tried not to think about tomorrow. He pooped. Twice. I only had one bag.
- I went to the drugstore and bought Freezies. Avery’s going to need lots of Freezies.
- I tried on nail polish.
- I went back to retrieve the un-bagged poop.
- I ate left-overs for lunch.
- I plucked my eyebrows.
- I called and made a chiropractic appointment for my husband.
- I packed Avery’s hospital bag.
- I marveled at how quickly the day goes and then wrote this post.
|Avery patiently awaiting her current obsession…soccer in the basement.|