When people ask what I do for a living I usually just stare back at them, blinking stupidly before I answer. Then I explain awkwardly that I used to be a teacher. Though I haven’t taught in years, for some reason I often still lead with that. Maybe I want people to know that I went to school and learned how to BE something legit—as though being a “Content Creator” is a made up career. I can assure you that working from home as a Content Creator/Influencer is a real gig involving skills I never anticipated would fall within my scope of expertise. In fact, a few areas within my job description didn’t even exist ten years ago. I started my first blog in 2006 shortly after our second child was born and it became apparent she was going to have some medical and developmental challenges. I left my career as an elementary school teacher to stay home to care for her. While she napped, I wrote about our life. Forever in Mom Genes was a place for me to dump my thoughts—worries, bliss, fears, triumphs, stories about our family, the challenges of parenting a child with disabilities, and anything[…]Read More
As well as managing a popular blog of my own, I create unique and colourful content for numerous websites and social media channels. My creative style lends itself well to a social climate where readers are drawn to humour, integrity and transparency.
I enjoy witty social banter and I’m well versed in the complexities of the social media landscape. I understand how to effectively share your brand’s message in this dynamic digital space.
Areas of expertise…
- Articles for online and print media.
- Content created specifically for your website or program.
- Ghost writing (It’s not as scary as it sounds).
- Product/service reviews published on my blog or your website.
- Sponsored social posts for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.
- Relatable voice and attention to detail.
- Sometimes I’m funny. FYI—I swear a lot while I’m working, but curse words only make it into my writing when it’s a f*cking integral part of the story.
- Empower Teens With Self-Esteem (Dove)
- When A Doll Is More Than Just A Toy (Maplelea Dolls)
- Orange Theory Fitness: Finding THE Thing (Orange Theory)
- Let’s Eat Wine! (Woodbridge Wines)
- Halloween Costume Mash-Ups (Value Village)
- The Power Of Early Intervention (Monarch House)
- Three Generations of My Family Fell For Financial Fraud (TD)
- Host A Kids’ Video Game Party (EB Games)
- Keep Kids Occupied During A Road Trip (Shaw)
- Love Of Reading Program (Chapter’s/Indigo)
- TIFF Kids (Toronto Film Festival)
- Protect Your Shoes And Make Them Last (Tana)
OTHER STORIES I’VE WRITTEN AROUND THE WEB:
- My daughter wasn’t supposed to walk or talk—now she’s a cheerleader for Team Canada —Today’s Parent 2018
- Writer at ymc.ca 2009-2017
- Today’s Parent: Siblings
- Huffington Post: Are You A Chronic Bailer?
- LifeInPleasantVille.com: Top Ten Teacher Gifts…naughty and nice
- My Interview with Brooke Shields: InBetween Magazine (p.42)
- Active For Life: Gymnastics Gave My Daughter What She Needs
- 21 Top Parenting Blogs for Raising Amazing Children, April 2018
- 67 Best Parenting Blogs For New Moms, April 2018
- Top Ten Mommy Bloggers Toronto, October 2017
- The 50 Parenting Blogs Worth Reading in 2017, October 2017
Fax: Just kidding. It’s not 1991.
Bus running late? Here’s an article I wrote about what ghost writers actually do.