Naan naan naan naan, naan naan naan naan, hey hey hey…. pi-itz-zzaaaaah! Yes I did actually, truly, in-real-life sing that over and over while making dinner the other night. My family may find me annoying at times, but then I serve them Indian Pizza and all is forgiven.
By combining the best qualities of two styles of cooking, you get the best of both worlds. From Mexican Lasagna to Indian Pizza, Fusion Food rules. Indian Pizza is one of my family’s new favourites. Add it to your next “Make Your Own Pizza Dinner Party!”
- Naan Bread (small for individual pizza or President’s Choice makes a 12′ naan pizza crust) for the shell
- 1 jar Indian Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1 Chicken Breast, cubed or tofu cubes
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Grated Sauteed Red Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Cauliflower Florets, washed but uncooked
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sautee onions, set aside.
- Stir-fry cubed chicken or tofu. Add 1/4 cup of the butter chicken sauce near the end.
- Spread butter chicken sauce onto naan pizza shell.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.