Lisa Thornbury is a former Toronto elementary school teacher, turned lifestyle, parenting and special needs blogger. She provides original and syndicated content for online magazines and websites, and puts her weight behind social media programs.
Please Note: Lisa rarely speaks in the third person in real life. Lisa thinks referring to herself in the third person is weird. Though, Lisa isn’t completely adverse to weird.
- Articles for online and print media.
- Content created specifically for your website or program.
- Ghost writing. It’s not as scary as it sounds.
- Product/service reviews published on my blog or your website.
- A relatable voice and attention to detail.
- Sometimes I’m funny. FYI—I swear a lot while I’m working, but curse words only make it into my writing when it’s a f*cking integral part of the story.
In case you’re bored, here’s more about me…
As well as writing a popular blog of my own, I create unique and colourful content for numerous websitesnand social media channels. My creative style lends itself well to a social climate where readers are drawn to humour, integrity and transparency.
I enjoy witty social banter and I’m well versed in the complexities of the social media landscape. I understand how to effectively share your brand’s message in this dynamic digital space.
- I live near Toronto with my husband, two children, a fat orange cat, and a sassy yorkie.
- I have degrees in Anthropology and Sociology from McMaster University, as well as a Bachelor of Science in Education from The University of Maine.
- Sometimes I miss teaching, but then I go on a field trip with my daughter’s class and I get over it pretty quick.
Irrelevant but a good time killer if you’re reading this on your phone waiting for a bus:
- I can twirl a pen on my thumb and forefinger like a boss.
- Gave up cable TV cold turkey in 2004, but now there’s Netflix…
- I’m allergic to cats, but I love our tabby so much I pretend I just have a cold.
- When I laugh hard, absolutely no sound comes out.
- I pun a lot. It’s chronic.
- I can juggle like a circus clown.
- I rode an elephant in a jungle in Thailand, a camel through a desert in India, and the subway across NYC. All three were wild rides.
- Born and raised in B.C. hence the deep affection for Birkenstoks, the beach, and skiing in the tuck position.
- Want a laugh? Come watch me try to parallel park.
SPONSORED CONTENT:Sometimes I partner with a brand to tell a story, but it’s the story I’m selling, not the product. Here are a few branded articles I’ve written that remain true to my voice and experience.
- Empower Teens With Self-Esteem (Dove)
- When A Doll Is More Than Just A Toy (Maplelea Dolls)
- Orange Theory Fitness: Finding THE Thing (Orange Theory)
- Let’s Eat Wine! (Woodbridge Wines)
- Halloween Costume Mash-Ups (Value Village)
- The Power Of Early Intervention (Monarch House)
- Three Generations of My Family Fell For Financial Fraud (TD)
- Host A Kids’ Video Game Party (EB Games)
- Keep Kids Occupied During A Road Trip (Shaw)
- Love Of Reading Program (Chapter’s/Indigo)
- TIFF Kids (Toronto Film Festival)
- Protect Your Shoes And Make Them Last (Tana)
OTHER STORIES I’VE WRITTEN AROUND THE WEB:
- Writer at ymc.ca 2009-2017
- Today’s Parent: Siblings
- Huffington Post: Are You A Chronic Bailer?
- LifeInPleasantVille.com: Top Ten Teacher Gifts…naughty and nice
- Estrofests.com: Birds Of A Feather
- My Interview with Brooke Shields: InBetween Magazine (p.42)
- Active For Life: Gymnastics Gave My Daugther What She Needs
- 21 Top Parenting Blogs for Raising Amazing Children, April 2018
- 67 Best Parenting Blogs For New Moms, April 2018
- Top Ten Mommy Bloggers Toronto, October 2017
- The 50 Parenting Blogs Worth Reading in 2017, October 2017
Call Me, Maybe?
a) Demonstrates my mad Photoshop skilz.
b) Inspires you to contact me.
c) Proves that short hair isn’t for everyone.
d) All of the above. ✔️
Fax: Just kidding. It’s not 1991.
Bus running late? Here’s an article I wrote about what ghost writers actually do.