What makes a Fisher-Price Favourite?
- These toys have been tried and tested through the years, and year over year have been favourites of moms, not just in Canada, but the world over.
- They have lasted through generations of kids, and continually pass not only the “Dr. Alfano test”, but the “kid test” too!
- They encourage child development and support children in achieving important milestones.
The seven toys that round out the Fisher-Price favourite list include:
- Brilliant Basics Rock a Stack
- Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy Laugh & Learn
- Say Please Tea Set
- Laugh & Learn Click ‘n Learn Remote
- Brilliant Basics Stroll-Along Walker
- Little People Wheelies Stand ‘n Play Rampway
- Little People Animal Sounds Farm
Hand-me-downs, a baby shower gift, a birthday present... my kids owned and enjoyed several of the toys on this list. Where are they now? Handed down to the next generation of fun seekers (the toys, not my kids). This is the part where I'd write about quality and longevity. But if you've owned Fisher-Price toys, I don't need to tell you how durable they are.
I wish I had photos of my kids playing with their Little People Animal Sounds Farm or the Brilliant Basics Rock a Stack. I can't find any. My photo organizing skills are brutal — I've yet to complete my son's baby book. He's nine. I don't even know where my wedding photos are and my son's baby photos? They're saved on a disc, somewhere. I hope.
Since I simply can't publish a blog post without photos, I thought I'd share a few taken by my daughter with her Fisher-Price camera. It may not be on the official Fisher-Price Favourites list, but it's certainly on ours. Avery takes her Kid-Tough Digital Camera with us to the grocery store, on car rides, and to the park. Granted there are an abundance of shots of her knee, stranger's feet and the back of heads, but there are some keepers. I love scrolling through her photos to get an idea of how she sees the world.
Here are a few of her shots (and a couple by her brother).
Disclosure: I am part of the Fisher-Price Play Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.