Here are some of the items I’ve lost over the past few months. I actually made a list of them awhile ago but…I lost it.
- My sunglasses. And no, they are NOT on my head. I checked.
- My cell phone. I have to call myself several times a week to locate it. My kids think this is hilarious.
- Family movie passes. They didn’t find this hilarious at all.
- A library book which I found AFTER purchasing a replacement copy.
- A deodorant stick. It came home from the store…. and then? Gone. How is this possible?
- A birthday invitation with RSVP info. I had to stalk hunt down the party host on Linked-In.
- Two earrings….two different earrings. Unless I get my nose or belly button pierced they’re now useless.
And this–the most ridiculous of all. Last November I got up early one morning to line up at one of those Door Crasher sales. I triumphantly snapped up the last laptop; a coveted Christmas gift for our son. I snuck it into the house and carefully hid it until Christmas. Clearly I’m excellent at hiding, but abysmal at finding because come Christmas Eve, I couldn’t find it anywhere. There were frustrated tears and colourful words muttered under my breath while I searched in vain. Christmas morning our son received a cordless mouse and an IOU from Santa explaining that the computer was on its way.
On Boxing Day I braved the crowds and to buy a new one. I bet you can guess what I found later that night? Bingo – right there in a Rubbermaid bin in the crawlspace (along with several stocking stuffers I had forgotten about). It all worked out in the end, but obviously I need more sleep, greater focus and a better system for organizing my life.
What silly things have you lost? Did you ever find them? Can you help me find my deodorant? And finally, what do you…um….wait, I lost my train of thought.
Related: Other Stuff I’ve Lost